Tooth Extractions: Painless Removal & Replacement
Losing a tooth doesn’t have to mean losing your smile!
If your tooth is damaged due to tooth decay or injury and too far-gone to save with a root canal treatment, it will need to be extracted. This is a routine procedure made painless with highly effective anesthetics.
The bad news is you’ve lost a tooth. The good news is that you have many options available to you to restore - or even improve - your smile once the extraction is complete.
What are my options to replace my tooth after extraction?
There are several options to restore your bite and beautiful smile:
- Dental implants are permanent replacements rooted in the jawbone that are just as secure as natural teeth and capped to look just like natural teeth.
- Bridges are semi-permanent replacement teeth that are secured by their connection to caps (also called crowns) placed over the teeth on either side of the gap.
- Partial dentures are removable replacement teeth anchored by natural teeth or implants.
Which is the best option for me?
That usually depends on two primary factors:
- Your comfort level. While many patients find that implant restoration feels fairly routine, you may prefer a procedure that does not involve implantation.
- Your budget. Costs and insurance coverage varies by restorative procedure, and we understand this is an important part of your decision-making process.
At Harbor Point Dentistry, we are committed to presenting all available options and insurance coverages so our patients can make fully informed decisions. Whatever happens after your extraction, you’ll be the one determining the best, most comfortable course for you.
Make your appointment with us today!